FATKing for Grease Trap Treatment, specially formulated to breakdown animal fats and vegetable oils
FATKing for Grease Trap Treatment
Grease traps were first patented in 1884 by Nathaniel T. Whiting* and ever since grease trap treatment has posed problems. Grease traps are inherently inefficient and allow considerable quantities of Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG’S) to block the system; create foul smells and contaminated water.
Pouring harsh caustic chemical cleaners or acids into it into a grease trap to clear obstructions and smells is no longer eco-friendly. They are dangerous to the user and the environment. That’s why we created FATKING to breakdown animal fats and vegetable oils in grease traps, drains and sewers.
FATKING is a highly concentrated blend of multiple bacterial spores, specifically selected to function in grease trap environments.
Biological products have been used for some years in grease trap maintenance. These products reduced solids and smells but did not perform well in low pH or high fat situations. So, the challenge to our R&D team was to develop a solution to overcome this limitation.
Low pH Effectiveness in Grease Trap Treatment
During field research and in discussions with customers, we found the majority of grease traps have a pH of 4.5 – 6. We then tested the ability of the bacteria in existing grease trap products to function at a worst-case pH of 4.25 and found that they were not capable of functioning at this low pH.
To develop a product that functions in the low pH of a grease trap, we explored bacteria from low pH environments. These included pine forests and cranberry bogs, where nature has selected strains that are capable of functioning at low pH.
We managed to isolate these and were able to develop two bacillus strains that grow, degrade waste, and reduce odours at pH 4.25 and above.
Applications in Grease Traps
- FATKING targets and eliminate wastes like unsaturated fat, vegetable and fish oil, milk, starch and protein in numerous industrial wastewater applications.
- Grease traps and drain maintenance in restaurant kitchens, fast food outlets and hotels.
- Minimise the impact of floating oils and greases that cause operating upsets in wastewater treatment plants.
- Decreasing the unsightly build-up of animal and plant grease and fat residues.
- Frequency of grease trap pump out is reduced which means a reduction in plumbing costs.
- Preventing the channelling, blocking and possible collapse of filter-bed media.
- Eliminates bad odours emanating from the grease receptors.
Grease Trap Treatment Dosage
Talk to us or one of our agents or representatives about the dose rates and when you should use FATKING in your grease trap.
For more information click on the link to download a data sheet in pdf format.